Skip to main content

How to have Beautiful Feet


First off, those are not my feet - it would seem kind of vain to post a picture of my own feet with the words "how beautiful" in large letters across them. :) And they're not my Dad's feet either (he doesn't care for pink nail polish on himself so much... :)), though he does preach the "gospel of peace."  These are my Grammy's feet, and I liked her pretty pink toes so much I wanted to do a post with them!

My Grammy may not be an evangelist, but she has shared the "gospel of peace" with people, and between that and her pink painted toes, I'd say she has pretty feet.  And, if you think about it, if someone shared the good news (or "glad tidings") with you - that you don't have to go to Hell as punishment for all the wrong things you've done, but rather Someone has taken that punishment for you if you'll ask Him to save you and be your Way to Heaven - well, if you believed that person and ended up in Heaven instead of everlasting torment, wouldn't you think that person had beautiful everything - even their feet?  If they helped save you from that?  I sure would.

If we (Christians) really believe we've got the answer to the world's biggest problem, shouldn't we be sharing THE cure?  And instead of letting people go blindly toward the cliff's edge, knowing something's wrong and not sure how to fix it, or sometimes not even knowing there is something wrong and how serious breaking God's law is, shouldn't we be sharing the good news AND the bad news (so they'll understand the good news)?  Among Jesus' last words spoken on earth before He went back to Heaven were,

 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
~ Matthew 28:19-20 ~

So we're supposed to be sharing this cure.  That's what I want to do.  I haven't been doing the greatest job lately, but I'm out to try again, and He's definitely helping me conquer my fears and as His child become more like Him. :)

And so I end with the obvious question...

Do you have pretty feet? :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When Nightmares (almost) Happen

So I’ve just lived through a nightmare.  And I don’t want to just forget about it and move on. We were around the table at Grammy’s after supper last night and Grammy and Clarity had gone back outside after coming in for some warmer things.  It was getting cold, would be dark soon, and I didn’t think they’d be out much longer.  Time passed, we ate some ice cream and talked, and then Ryan looked out and didn’t see them.  I don’t remember exactly what prompted me to go out to find them, as I don’t think I was worried, but then I walked all around the house, looked up the roads (3 meet just by the house) and into the woods and found nothing.  That’s when I started to worry.  This wasn’t normal.  And that thought started getting louder.  Grammy is older, doesn’t walk often, and especially on cold nights with 2-year-old great-grandchildren.  She just wouldn’t walk up the road, and even if she did, not out of sight.  It didn’t make sense for her to go into the woods. She just does

War Horse

This picture is of my friend's beautiful horse, Stormer. I recent-ish-ly got to see the play War Horse with a friend and her family when the play came to Cape Town, and shortly thereafter I got to see the movie also.  The acting for both was great, and the story very moving, but the play was especially impressive to me.  Because it's a play, they use puppets instead of live horses, which did not sound especially thrilling to me (I was picturing the fuzzy little hand-kind of puppets :)), but these are not your average puppets, and what I was pleased about: they're made in South Africa!  (Instead of trying to describe them, I think I'll just attach a picture from the Facebook page of War Horse - click here to see more: https://www.facebook.com/warhorseonstage?ref=br_rs ) It takes 3 puppeteers to get each of these horses to come alive, but they are so good at what they do - making Joey move as a life-like horse - that by the end of the play you really forget the

Do You Love Jesus?